The beauty of long hair as always been viewed as attractive and alluring. Even those who say they prefer short hair, can't deny the natural charm of long hair. Those of us who choose to wear our hair long, do so for different reasons.
Many women feel that long hair is easier to care for, especially if most of it can be pulled up. Hair that is long enough for a pony tail makes a style of its own. Pulling back the top part of your hair in a clip is an easy, but classic style. With a side part you can pin back the side without the part and create a timeless look.
Braiding is another way to restrain your hair and add dimension at the same time. The act of braiding, is an art form that has been passed down through many generations. The more you braid the better you will get at it, remember practice makes perfect! A long French braid down the back projects a soft, romantic look for long hair. Braiding your hair down one side so that it hangs over the shoulder is a exotic look that goes well with shoulder revealing clothing. The long side braid as accompanied many evening gowns down the red carpet!
The updo is a hairstyle that has been popular for centuries, women didn't always have the means to cut their hair. Their hair was kept long, but needed to be up and out of the face for necessity. Women would twist their around into a ball and pin it down, or wrap a long braid around their head and pin it down. Of course updo's have evolved a great deal, with the invention of hairspray and the styling method of back-combing and back-brushing. The updo's of the 60's were made to be worn for a week or more.
Now days we have updos to represent our many different moods and fashion choices. One modern choice is twisting small sections of hair to the crown and pinning them down, then the ends are spiked with product and a flat iron. The ends can also be curled with a small or medium size curling iron.
An updo can also be created by making one or more ponytails at the crown, then curl small sections and pin them down around the ponytail. You can take a small piece of the ponytail, wrap it around the tail to hide the elastic band, and pin it in the back. Leave some of the ends free and just let them hang in curls.
The easiest updo is the one that made by twisting your long hair into a ponytail that curls into a coil, then wrap an elastic band around it to hold it. Along with braiding, creating updo's takes patience and practice.
Long hair with long bangs swooped to the side is a popular right now. Or you can have bangs that are cut straight across the brows. With or without bangs, long hair needs to be trimmed every 2 to 4 months to keep the ends healthy. Trimming also defines the look of the ends, keeping your long hair beautiful.
If you want to find a suitable hairstyle for you this is where he got a new hairstyle for you ...
- ► 2011 (75)
- ► 2010 (1459)
- Hair Coloring Tips
- Styles For Long Hair
- Popular Justin Timberlake hairstyle
- Top Actress Hairstyle: Angelina Jolie's Wet-Long H...
- Cute Prom haircuts 2009
- New Haircuts For Women
- African American Hairstyles
- African American Wigs
- Brazilian Hair Weaving
- Best Hairstyles For Men
- Popular Hairstyles in Early 20th Century America
- Exclusive Hairstyles to Hide Flaws
- Fashion bob hairstyles for women
- Hairstyles With Side Swept Bangs
- Hair Color Styles At Home
- Pictures Of Short Hairstyles
- Hair Relaxer For Thick Curly Hairstyle
- Homecoming Hairstyles
- Korean Hairstyle
- Popular wedding hairstyles
- Angelina Jolie Latest Long Hair Trends
- Straight Long Hair For Different Faces Shapes
- Bouffant Ponytail - Hairstyles Fall 2009
- Women Hairstyles for Curly Hair
- Curly Hair - How to Tame Those Unruly Locks
- Trendy Long hairstyle for boys
- Hairstyle Ideas For Black Hair
- Short Sassy Hairstyles for Brides
- Classic Afro Style
- New Lindsay Lohan Long Hairstyles trends
- Hair Weaving and Clip in Hair Extensions
- Beehive Hairstyle
- New Paris Hilton Blonde Hairstyles trends 2009
- Hairstyles For Long Hairs
- Little Girl Hairstyles
- Pexie Haircuts For Teenage Girls
- Latest Hairtrends for 2009
- Latest Prom Hairstyles For the year 2009
- Trendy Hairstyles For the Year 2009
- Mop top hair for teens 2009 fashion
- classic Beehive hairstyle
- Black Hair Braid Styles
- Layered Hair Styles
- Hairstyle For Prom
- Curly long hairstyle for women 2009 - 2010 trends
- Long hairstyle with layers 2010
- Short fall hairstyle with bangs for women
- Hairstyle 2009
- Modern Shag Hairstyles
- Trendy short hairstyles for women
- Hairstyles for Prom
- Hairstyles for Curly Hair
- Layered bob Hairstyle
- Shag Hairstyles Changed The World
- Hair Straightener- The Best Gift Ideas For Women
- inevitable hot-weather hairstyles
- Stylish Hair Ideas
- The Women Over Thirty - Hairstyles
- Selecting Your Perfect Pixie Hairstyle
- Angled bob hairstyle for winter 2009
- Jennifer Lopez Wet-Curly Harstyle
- Best Actress Hairstyle 2009: Jennifer Lopez Sedu ...
- Graying of Hair
- Keira Knightley Hairstyle
- The Today's Asian Hairstyles
- Formal Hairstyles
- Hairstyle Trends For 2009
- Layered Hairstyle For Straight Long Hair
- New Modern Wedding Hairstyles 2009
- The Modern Hairstyles For 2009
- The Modern and Trendy Hairstyles
- Shoulder length haircuts for women
- The Beautiful Wedding Hairstyles
- Long bob hairstyles trends for summer 2009
- ▼ August (74)