'Harajuku girls', popularly known as the 'fashion aficionados' or the 'beauty stars of Japan', are best known all over the world for their unique costumes, which are made in various styles of clothing that originated in the rich culture of some of the major cities of Japan. They have been named after the very popular Harajuku district in Tokyo and were made popular in the West by the 'Love.Angel.Music.Baby' album released in 2004 by Gwen Stefani.
Their Clothing Styles
These young, beautiful fashion icons are Japanese teenage girls who gather in a narrow street of 'Takeshita' every weekend and dress themselves up as the baby dolls of the Lolita-esque caricatures. A large number of fashion styles, including the cyber fashion, Gothic Maid, Wamono, Gothic Lolita, Second-Hand Fashion, and Decorah, can be noticed among these young ladies.
They can be often seen wearing dark outfits combined with traditional Japanese clothing, such as Kimonos and fans. Some of them also wear fake bandages and blood and carry things, such as cell phones, hello kitties, and photo stickers, which symbolize modern Japan. The varied clothing styles of these girls are beautifully featured by 'FRUiTS', the most popular Japanese street-fashion magazine.
Why do these Harajuku girls dress in such outrageous outfits every weekend? Is it their love for fashion that drives them to do so? The answer is 'No'. There are much deeper reasons behind it. The weekly ceremony that lasts just for a few hours allows them to not only spend their spare time and money, but also momentarily escape the strict rules of the male-dominated Japanese society. Outrageous dressing styles actually symbolize the oppression of the female gender and their attempt to seek their individuality and independence to express.
They compete with each other to look more iconic and less human! These outrageously dressed teenagers look no less than characters of a Japanese Anime series or a comic book of Manga. However, these girls are extremely fun loving, polite, and beautiful. They would love to pose for photographs with you if you request them for a happy snap.
In short, the Harajuku district is a must-see on weekends for all those who visit Tokyo. If you really wish to see a unique blend of tradition and modernization of the Japanese society, you should certainly not miss the opportunity to meet these wonderful fashion icons and the beauty stars of Japan.
Is it when you've never seen a woman with hair harajuku in Japan?? Please see here ok
- ► 2011 (75)
- ► 2010 (1459)
- Trendy 2009 Fashion Hair Trend: Braided Hair
- Julia Roberts Wet-Curly Harstyle
- Gwen Stefani Hairstyles
- How to Style Your Hair?
- Agnes Monica hair style in Indonesian
- Male Funky Hair Stlyes 2010
- David Beckham hair : hair the best guy
- Kate Beckinsale Hairstyles
- Short prom hairstyle- winter hairstyle for women
- Charlotte Church Hairstyles
- Natural Hair Color
- Jessica Alba Hairstyles
- Formal Hairstyles 2009 ofr women
- Sheryl Crow Hairstyles
- Hairstyles and Hair Ideas For Clubbing
- Emo haircuts for girls 2009
- Eva Herzigová Hairstyles
- cute haircuts for women
- Cheryl Cole Hairstyles
- Olga Kurylenko Long Wavy Hairstyle
- Popular haircuts -bob haircuts for 2009
- Choosing the Right Hairstyle For Your Face
- Beyonce Knowles Hairstyles
- Beyonce Knowles Hairstyles
- Ashanti Hairstyles
- Trendy Asian Hairstyles 2009
- Men's hairstyles - fashion hair cuts for men 2009
- Avril Lavigne Hairstyles
- Amy Winehouse Hairstyles
- Bikini Line Hair Removal
- Fashion hairstyle 2009 for teens
- Angelina Jolie Hairstyles
- David Beckham Hairstyles
- Top Actress Hairstyle: Keira Knightley Wet Hairsty...
- Winter Hairstyle Trend 2009 for women
- Cute Short hairstyle for women 2009
- Cute Hairstyles For Men - Capture Everyone's Atten...
- Choppy Medium Hairstyles - Pick the Style That Fit...
- Hairtrends 2009 for women
- 2009 Katie Holmes spurs bob style
- Ashlee Simpson: Long Celebrity Hairstyles 2009
- The Medium Length Bob
- Celebrity Leonardo Dicaprio's short hairstyles
- Harajuku Girls - Meet the True Fashion Icons of Ja...
- How to Remain Cool with Scene Style
- Hairstyles For Black Men - Going Short
- Fashion bob hairstyles for women
- ▼ September (47)